Friday, December 12, 2008

WoodsKnife new hunting puukko combo

This is just a little preview what's coming up from WoodsKnife at the end of the year. I have never seen a knife combo like this one before! It has a 3 3/4" skinner and 3 1/8" gutting puukko knife in a same handmade case. A perfect combination for a hunting trip! I have also used the gutting knife for whittling and it works great for that purpose as well, so it would make a great camping or bushcrafting knife combo also.



Again, I can't emphasize enough how spectacular sheath maker Harri Merimaa is! This one is a piece of art like all WoodsKnife sheaths! True Finnish puukko making craftsmanship at its best! I will get a sample knife before Christmas and will post better pictures then. These knives will be available for purchase late January 2009.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question for you,.... I was admiring the Leuku/Puukko knife sheath you are carrying in the picture on your blog, and was wondering how it is constructed? I have searched google extensively, but have not been able to find a tutorial or example of how that is constructed, except for ones that come pre-made with a knife set.
Do you know how to make such a sheath? Or of any diagrmas of that type of sheath?

American Finn said...

Sorry... I'm not a knifemaker or a sheath maker. Especially with this knife combo the sheath is very unique. All WoodsKnife sheaths are handmade and H. Merimaa is one of the best sheath makers (in my opinion)... every single sheath fits like a clove! And even a same design knife might not fit OK with another knife since they are all handmade to fit